How to reset Joomla admin password
- Log into your cPanel account and click on the phpMyAdmin menu.
- Inside phpMyAdmin find the correct database name and click on it. The list of the databases are easily
accessible on the left panel.
- A list of tables will show up. Scroll down to find the one called users and click on it. It might be named jos_users or jos_ can be replace by any other prefix that was used on installation.
- Look up the user you want to change the password for and click on the Edit button against it.
- In the opened window, locate the password option and replace the current password with the new one in the Value column. Then change the function to MD5 in the Function column and click Go.
That’s all. You password is changed. You can now go back to the administrator login page on your website and login.