Domain Name Registration & Transfer
Domain Name Registration and Transfer for gTLDs and ccTLDs. A domain name is actually the very first step in starting your online business. It’s a prerequisite. You need to take time and select a unique domain name. Domain names are highly competitive, that’s why your name will have to be unique.
The most common domain name extensions also called GTLDs are .com .net, .org .biz .net .info .co Other domain extensions include .me .club .space .ltd .group .global .world There are also country extensions also referred to as ccTLDS like .us .uk .au, .fr .de .jp .cn .my .za .ke .ng .mx
Our domain search engine can query more than 200 domain extensions.
First, search the domain name below and check if it’s registered. If it’s not registered, click Register and continue with the checkout process. If it’s registered, you can search for another one but if it’s yours, you can opt to transfer it to us so that we can manage it for you. Remember to get the transfer code from your current registrar.
Domain Name Extensions
The domain name is your online identity. There are over 250 million domain names registered. These domain names are spread across numerous domain name extensions. There are two types of domain names extensions
- gTLDS (General Top Level domains) like .com .org .net .biz .info .co
- ccTLDs (Country code top-level domains) like .co.za .co.ke .com.ng .com.eg .co.ug .co.tz .co.rw .co.bi
The most common domain name extensions are:
- .com – This is mostly used by companies. It is the most popular domain name. If you have an opportunity of getting a .com on your brand or business name, take it. This domain extension is very competitive. All three and four-letter combinations of .com are already registered. There are over 106.2 million registered .com domain names. This is an open TLD; any person or entity is permitted to register. Its offered by Verisign.
- .net – It is a good alternative to .com It was initially used by Internet Service Providers. It is also a good extension for networks and associations. The total number of registered .net domain names is 14.6 million. This is an open TLD; any person or entity is permitted to register. Its offered by Verisign.
- .org – This extension is mostly used for non-profit registrations. This is an open TLD; any person or entity is permitted to register. Its offered by Public Interest Registry.
- .co – It was originally for Columbia but it has now been adopted globally as an alternative to .com It is an open TLD; any person or entity is permitted to register.
.com and .net domain registrations amount to about 50% of all the registered domain names in the world.
Domain registration is the process of owning a domain name. Domain names once registered cannot be registered by another person unless they expire. Therefore they are unique. No one in the world will have a similar domain name as yours. The registration process is straight forward. You search the domain and upon availability, click Register. Select if you need any hosting and then submit your name and address. make the payment. The registration takes a few minutes to complete.
If you have already registered your domain name and you would like us to manage it for you, you can transfer it from your current registrar to us. If we manage the domain for you, you can enjoy easy access to all of our solutions at highly discounted prices. The transfer process involves the following steps:
- Request your current registrar to unlock the domain and give you the transfer / EPP code.
- Search the domain at www.adea.co and click Transfer. Select if you need any hosting and then submit your name and address. make the payment. The transfer process takes about 7 days.
- Once you have registered your domain name, then you have already started your journey towards a thriving online business.
- Contact us and we can discuss the model that you would like to adopt to make money or impact online.
Domain Name Renewal happens after the initial domain registration period expires. If you registered a domain name for one year and the year is over, then you are due for domain name renewal. This renewal is mostly equivalent to the domain registration cost and is supposed to maintain the domain name online. The domain name is a subscription service and to ensure that the domain name remains functional, you need to renew it.