Day 08: Online marketing
Now that you have the systems ready, it’s time to have the business make money for you. We are going to discuss both online and offline marketing strategies that you will be using to get traffic and leads to your business website. Once you bring in visitors to your website, the website will convert them into sales.
Offline marketing strategies includes:
- Word of Mouth: Tell your friends, family and customer that you have a website. Always send them the web address through the phone. Every time you get a chance to talk, always give your domain based email as your form of contact.
- Print Media Ads: You can put a simple newspaper or magazine advertisement explaining what you offer and directing prospects to your website.
- Electronic Media Ads: You can also air your products on the TV or radio and direct your prospects to your website.
- Use of business cards
- Use of business profiles to your clients or suppliers
- Use of business plans when pitching to financiers
Online marketing: We have come across hundreds of businesses that do not make money. This is not because they are not well designed, no. The reason is because they are not marketed. A website which is not marketed is like a shop that is always closed. Use the following strategies in online marketing:
- Put your web and email address on your business cards. The email address should be the domain-based one.
- Put your web and email address on your email signature. Every time you send an email, you will be inviting your recipients to your website.
- Social Media Marketing: Signup and use various social media networks to engage with your market.
- Email Marketing: Keep communicating and updating your clients and prospects. Send them useful information on your products or seasonal offers as they become available.
- Search Engine Optimization: Your website should be optimized for keywords related to your niche, so that it can rank high on search engines.
- Paid Marketing: You can pay key online marketers to market the website for you. Google and Facebook are among the best online marketers.
Please note that all your marketing strategies, whether offline or online, will depend on your website to convert prospects into customers. Please do not ignore marketing. This is the only guarantee that your business will make money. If you don’t market, your business will not be profitable. This is a rule. It’s not optional.
We will discuss about marketing your online business on Online Marketing Course